As a health-care practitioner and Registered Massage Therapist I am committed to maintaining a space where I can balance the needs of individuals requiring care with the need to continue to limit the spread of COVID-19.
British Columbia has specified the two areas of concern for risk of transmission of COVID-19 in public settings: contact intensity and number of contacts. Contact intensity refers to how close you are to someone and for how long. Number of contacts refers to how many people are in contact with each other in the workspace. Businesses in the province are required to reduce risks in these two areas in practicable ways. Details about how I am addressing these areas of concern are given below, and include what is being required of me as a practitioner and you as a client.
General Guidelines for Personal Self-Care:
- Avoid shaking hands with people.
- Wash hands and sanitize frequently; sanitize frequently-touched personal items.
- Practice good hygiene: frequently wash your hands and cover your mouth if you have to cough or sneeze. Avoid touching your face.
- Maintain a reasonable physical distance when out in the community. Use a non-medical mask or face covering in situations where reasonable physical distancing cannot be maintained.
- If you have the symptoms of a cold, flu, or COVID-19, stay at home and keep a safe distance from others until those symptoms have completely disappeared or you have tested negative for COVID-19 at a test centre. Please complete the online BC COVID-19 Symptom Self-Assessment and call 8-1-1.
If I have the symptoms of a cold, flu, or Covid-19, including any coughing or sneezing, I will call 8-1-1 immediately to assess my symptoms and if necessary, not work until I have tested negative for Covid-19 and/or have self-isolated for 14 days.
I will be completing higher levels of frequent cleaning of “high touch” areas:
- In treatment rooms at the clinic: In addition to regular cleaning, door handles, chairs, and surfaces will be sanitized after each patient, and all linens that come into contact with a client will be laundered after each appointment.
- Reception area: In addition to regular cleaning, the Interac pin pad, phone, keyboard, desk surface, customer ledge, pens, and door handle will be sanitized after each use/multiple times throughout the day.
- Bathroom: In addition to regular cleaning, the door handle, sink taps, light switch, handles, toilet, and surfaces will be sanitized after use.
- General: In addition to regular cleaning, floors will be cleaned and sanitized daily.
- Mobile appointments: Treatment table, frequently used items including pens, tablets, cellphone and any personal items will be sanitized before and after each treatment.
Handwashing/sanitizing will occur prior to treatment, frequently throughout treatment (in particular before any intra-oral work, and after every treatment.
Additional routine screening/questions of customers for symptoms before providing a service may be conducted. I will assess risk at the point of care, and this may result in cancellation of a booked appointment at the time of the appointment. You will not be charged if your appointment is cancelled due to my risk assessment.
Social distancing of 2 metres (6 feet) will be required while indoors.
I will be wearing a mask during treatment because I am not able to maintain the required social distancing space between myself and clients during appointments. The masks I wear (either 2-layer cloth reusable masks with filter or 3-ply medical grade masks) will be discarded after each client.
As the client (10 years of age and older) you are required to wear a clean face mask (either cloth or medical) during the face-up portion of your treatment. If you are seeking therapy for your baby, the caregiver will be required to wear a mask while I am treating the baby due to the inability to maintain the required social distance.
If you are unable to wear a mask due to medical reasons you will be provided with an alternative treatment plan that will be discussed prior to treatment with me, the practitioner.
If you are at greater risk (older than 60, compromised immune system, underlying chronic medical conditions), please be informed about your risk, assess your own risk tolerance, and think through and apply extra precautions and heightened vigilance as you are comfortable with (you can wear a mask for the duration of the time you are in the clinic and during the entire treatment if you like and you can talk to me about any concerns you have about receiving treatment).
If you have the symptoms of a cold, flu, or Covid-19, including any coughing or sneezing, please cancel your appointment. You will not be charged a fee.
Health-authority approved hand sanitizer will be provided for your use.
Please do not bring additional people with you for your appointment unless your appointment involves a child and you are the guardian(s).
If you have any questions or concerns, please email me at firstname.lastname@example.org or call/text me at 250-208-6210.